Monday, March 28, 2016


UPDATE for KINGSCRUISINGLOG@blogspot.com

2016 -- WHERE DID THE KING'S END UP?  

It's funny what a strange trip we took.  I looked at my last post and I sounded pretty discouraged to say the least.  I had to be away from cruising to find out how happy I really was.  Life is strange.

Let's start back in 2011 -  we ended up leaving the boat at Port Royal Marina in beautiful Beaufort, S.C.   As it turned out we made  3 cross country trips from June to November.  The first one was for us to visit family and friends along the way.  We were mainly focusing on David's mother, who lives in Puyallup.   After the visit we decided we needed to take care of her and, as we drove back the first time, we decided to sell SIMPLICITY.  We did it for the right reason but I soon realized I wanted to finish our adventure on the boat.  I remembered how awful I felt but realized I also have never felt so fulfilled.  Unfortunately,  we had an awesome broker and the second person who look at SIMPLICITY - bought it.  It only took us a month to put on the market, survery and close.

Thus the third trip back to Washington.  We got here in November and lived in Oak Harbor, Washington for 6 months.  In  March of 2012 we bought our retirement home in Gig Harbor, Washington.  I thought we would never be packing up the house again ...  strange ... I now will not say "never" when it comes to our life.

The big move, again, came in July 2014 to Bellingham, Washington.  Neither David or I had any small business experience - but we bought a boat brokerage!!!   Yes, we're small business owners.

It's now 2016 -  we're very proud of all the things we've done for  BELLHAVEN YACHT SALES AND CHARTERS!   As the days slip by we know we will buy another catamaran - probably name her SIMPLICITY again and go back to some of the happiest days of our lives.

Yes,  I know I'll have "those days" again - but they will be outweighed by the "good days!"

  We're off on our next adventure - for now.
Don't be surprised to see us bobbing around the Chesepeake or the ICW or best of all,  the Bahamas.  We met a lot of wonderful people and really want to go back to retirement and play.   Smooth Sailing to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Ahoy, me Hearties! Blimey, it's good to hear from you two beloved Old Salts. Splice the mainbrace and haul away. If you near the James, furl your sheets and give us a jingle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're off again - exciting! Can't wait till the next post

    ReplyDelete